Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The best Oktoberfest Potato Salad I have eaten

Last year for a Oktoberfest party we hosted, I researched quite a few potato salad recipes and the one I thought the best way of serving this dish the German way was from Allrecipes: German Potato Salad with about 256 reviews.

The reason I strongly inclined towards this particular recipe is that it's served warm and contains bacon. Finding and using great quality bacon from Kocher's butcher shop was an essential key to the success of the salad I made.

But of course I dislike following any recipe exactly! So I also added eggs into my recipe for it's creamy, binding texture. You can add them to the dressing while the skillet is cooking on a low to medium flame.
And of course I had to throw in my favorite mustard dressings (one with horseradish and another sweet mustard dressing) and added more onions (finely sliced) for the sheer love of them.

If you are looking to make this warm potato salad a good highlight at Oktoberfest parties I am sure you will have a great dish and possibly, your own rendition of this deliciously comforting recipe!